This online course thoroughly covers the Department of Transportation Regulations outlined in 49 CFR Part 40 for conducting alcohol screening tests, proficiency training on the Q.E.D device and the required 5 mock alcohol tests.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive the full Screening Test Technician certificate.
To participate in this online course, students will need a computer with an Internet connection and speakers.
Once you complete training on 49 CFR Part 40 and using the Q.E.D, you will receive an email to contact us to sign up for a WebEx online sessions. It is during the WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock alcohol tests in the presence of an instructor.
To complete your 5 mock alcohol tests, you will need to supply the following the day of online class:
- A computer with an Internet connection
- A Web camera (so we can see one another)
- A phone or microphone on your computer (so we can hear one another)
- 8 individually wrapped Q.E.D devices (devices not included in the cost of this course)
- A bottle of Ethanol Quality Control Solution with which to conduct a Quality Control Test (controls not included in the cost of this course)
- 5 DOT alcohol test forms
- A live subject to conduct tests on
- 6 disposable cups
Contact AlcoPro at 800.228.9890 if you need help securing supplies.