This online course thoroughly covers the Department of Transportation Regulations outlined in 49 CFR Part 40, proficiency training on the Alco-Screen 02 and the required 5 mock alcohol tests.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive the full Screening Test Technician certificate.
To participate in this online course, students will need a computer with an Internet connection and speakers.
Once you complete training on 49 CFR Part 40 and use of the Alco-Screen 02, you will receive an email to contact us to sign up for a WebEx online session. It is during the WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock alcohol tests in front of an instructor.
To complete your 5 mock alcohol tests, you will need to supply the following the day of online class:
- A computer with an Internet connection
- A Web camera (so we can see one another)
- A phone or microphone on your computer (so we can hear one another)
- 8 individually wrapped Alco-Screen 02 devices (devices are not included in the cost of this course)
- Negative and Positive Quality Control Solutions with which to conduct a Quality Control Test (controls are not included in the cost of this course)
- 5 DOT alcohol test forms
- A live subject to conduct tests on
- 6 disposable cups
Contact AlcoPro at 800.228.9890 if you need help securing supplies.