PharmChek Sweat Patch Overlay
Who May Need to Wear the Sweat Patch Overlay?
Individuals who have had, or are having, difficulty wearing a patch for the recommended length of time may need to wear the PharmCheck sweat patch overlay.
Difficulty wearing the patch is most common with individuals who:
- Exercise heavily
- Perform strenuous labor
- Live in hot, humid climates
These individuals may produce a large amount of sweat very quickly, creating challenges with the adhesion of the sweat patch. Occasionally, the sweat cannot evaporate through the patch fast enough and consequently may cause the adhesive to loosen.
The sweat patch overlay’s construction allows excess sweat that might loosen the patch to evaporate and keep the patch adhered to the skin.
Instructions for sweat patch overlay use:
- Apply the sweat patch to the upper arm or torso
- Apply the sweat patch overlay directly on top, positioning the opening directly over the white patch
- Peel the white plastic backing from the overlay
- Overlay will appear transparent on top of the patch