Online Specimen Collector Instructor Training
Our online Specimen Collector Instructor training course will certify you to perform specimen collections, as well as train and teach your employees as professional specimen collectors. As part of the DOT mandate, you will be required to demonstrate proficiency in DOT rules and regulations (49 CFR Part 40) and complete the five specific mock collections required of all collectors. As a Specimen Collector Instructor, you will receive detailed checklists, resources and instructions for training students and observing the mock collections.
Once you complete the online training covering the 49 CFR Part 40, you will receive an email inviting you to sign up for an available mock collections session. It is during this WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock specimen collections and receive practical instructions on adult education and how to effectively teach this course.
You will receive the following:
- A detailed instructor manual that describes how to present a Specimen Collector training class
- Training PowerPoint slides to use in your class
- Access to downloadable reference materials on your online course home page
- A DVD that illustrates split specimen collections and problem collections such as temperature out of range, shy bladder, and adulterated specimens to use in your training class
To participate in online Specimen Collector Instructor training, you will need the following materials:
- A computer with an internet connection
- A computer with a built-in or external web camera so we can view one another
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- 6 Custody and Control Forms
- 6 DOT approved split specimen collection kits
- Warm water (to serve as the specimen)
- A donor or subject (the DOT requires you perform mock tests on a live subject)
- Your Instructor manual
The Industry’s Only Training Success Guarantee
We offer the industry’s only Training Success Guarantee. If you encounter a fatal flaw, causing a drug test to become cancelled, we will conduct your Error Correction training free of charge. That’s our guarantee…that your training will equip you for success. Our Training Success Guarantee is available to all students who hold an active training certificate issued by AlcoPro.