Online Screening Test Technician Instructor Training
Our online Screening Test Technician Instructor training will certify you as an STT to perform alcohol screening tests using the Alco-Screen 02 saliva device. It will also train and certify you to be an instructor so you may train and certify your employees as a screening test technician (STT). This course covers the DOT Regulations (49 CFR Part 40) for alcohol screening testing, proficiency training using the Alco-Screen 02 device and 5 mock collections required of all STTs. As an STT Instructor, you will receive detailed checklists, teaching resources and instructions for training others and observing their mock collections.
Once you complete the online training covering the DOT Regulations and the Alco-Screen 02 device, you will receive an email with instructions to sign up for an available mock session. It is during this WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock saliva collections and receive practical instructions on how to use the available training resources and effectively teach this course.
You will receive these teaching resources:
- A detailed instructor manual that describes how to present an STT training class
- A flash drive containing training resources
- Access to downloadable reference materials on your online course home page
What makes our STT Instructor course unique?
- Whereas other online courses are “read only” — like reading a book — our course offers the highest level of interactivity, so you stay engaged and retain more information
- Online forum allows you to pose questions and interact with other students and an instructor
- Fits with your busy schedule and allows you to learn at your pace
- Course can be viewed on any mobile device
Technical requirements to take this course:
- A computer with speakers and a web camera (built-in or external)
- An internet connection
- This course is best viewed using Google Chrome browser (do not use IE browser to view this course)
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- If viewing this course on a mobile device, you will need to download the free Litmos app from your mobile app store
Supplies needed for the Mock Collections:
- 6, DOT alcohol testing forms (ATFs)
- 8, individually wrapped Alco-Screen 02 devices (devices are not included in the cost of this course
- Sample size of Scope mouthwash to replicate a positive alcohol test
- A subject who can sit along side you as you perform these live tests
- Negative and Positive Quality Control Solution with which to conduct a Quality Control Test (controls are not included in the cost of this course)
- The instructor manual that we will send to you in advance
- Disposable gloves
Contact us at 800.227.9890 if you need assistance ordering supplies.