Online DOT Specimen Collector Instructor Training
Our online DOT Specimen Collector Instructor training will certify you to perform specimen collections, as well as train and certify you to teach your employees as professional specimen collectors. As part of the DOT mandate, you will be required to demonstrate proficiency in DOT Regulations (49 CFR Part 40) and complete the five specific mock collections required of all collectors. As a Specimen Collector Instructor, you will receive detailed checklists, resources and instructions for training students and observing the mock collections.
Once you complete the online training covering the DOT Regulations, you will receive an email inviting you to sign up for an available mock collections session. It is during this WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock specimen collections and receive practical instructions on adult education and how to effectively teach this course.
You will receive these teaching resources:
- A detailed instructor manual that describes how to present a Specimen Collector training class
- Training PowerPoint slides to use in your class
- Access to downloadable reference materials on your online course home page
- A DVD that illustrates split specimen collections and problem collections such as temperature out of range, shy bladder, and adulterated specimens to use in your training class
What makes AlcoPro’s online Specimen Collector Instructor course unique?
- Whereas other online courses are “read only” — like reading a book — our course offers the highest level of interactivity, so you stay engaged and retain more information
- Online forum allows you to pose questions and interact with other students and an instructor
- Fits with your busy schedule and allows you to learn at your pace
- Course can be viewed on any mobile device
Technical requirements to take this course:
- A computer with speakers and a web camera (built-in or external)
- An internet connection
- This course is best viewed using Google Chrome browser (do not use IE browser to view this course)
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- If viewing this course on a mobile device, students will need to download the free Litmos app from their mobile app store
Supplies needed for DOT Specimen Collector Mock Collections:
- 7 Custody and Control Forms
- 6 DOT approved split specimen collection kits
- Warm water (to serve as the specimen)
- A donor or subject (the DOT requires you perform mock tests on a live subject)
- The instructor manual that we will send to you in advance
- Disposable gloves
Contact AlcoPro at 800.227.9890 if you need to order CCF and collection kit supplies.