DOT Screening Test Technician Training: Alco-Screen 02
This online course thoroughly covers the Department of Transportation Regulations outlined in 49 CFR Part 40, as well as proficiency training on the Alco-Screen 02 and the required 5 mock alcohol tests.
Upon successful completion of this course students will receive their Screening Test Technician certification.
Once you complete training on the DOT Regulations and use of the Alco-Screen 02, you will receive an email to contact us to sign up for a WebEx online session. It is during the WebEx portion of our training you will complete your required 5 mock alcohol tests in front of an instructor.
What makes AlcoPro’s online Screening Test Technician course unique?
- Whereas other online courses are “read only” — like reading a book — our course offers the highest level of interactivity, so you stay engaged and retain more information
- Online forum allows you to pose questions and interact with other students and an instructor
- Fits with your busy schedule and allows you to learn at your pace
- Course can be viewed on any mobile device
Technical requirements to take this course:
- A computer with speakers and a webcamera (built-in or external)
- An internet connection
- Adobe PDF reader capabilities (recommended to view course documents)
- If viewing this course on a mobile device, students will need to download the free Litmos app from their mobile app store
Required supplies for the 5 Mock Tests:
- 8 individually wrapped Alco-Screen 02 devices (devices are not included in the cost of this course)
- 6 DOT Alcohol Testing Forms
- Sample size of Scope mouthwash to replicate a positive alcohol test
- A subject who can sit along side you as you perform these live tests
- Negative and Positive Quality Control Solutions with which to conduct a Quality Control Test (controls are not included in the cost of this course)
- 6 disposable cups
Contact AlcoPro at 800.228.9890 if you need help securing supplies.