Alco-Sensor VXL Universal Screener with Barometer
The Alco-Sensor VXL Universal Screener with Barometer is an economical Evidential Breath Testing device designed for use in law enforcement, corrections, probation and substance abuse treatment programs.
- Approved by the U.S. DOT as an evidential breath alcohol testing device
- Evidential accuracy exceeds +/- .005 at .100 BrAC
- Intuitive test menus prompt the operator through a test sequence, greatly reducing operator errors
- Built-in barometer interprets the value of alcohol gas tanks when performing Accuracy Checks and Calibration Adjustments and eliminates the need for a True-Cal II device or an elevation chart to interpret gas standards
- Uses automatic breath sampling to ensure that each subject delivers an adequate breath sample, and then samples the breath at the optimum moment towards the end of the subjects exhalation
- A manual over-ride feature allows the operator to capture a subject’s breath who has breathing difficulties or is uncooperative
- Right or left-handed operation also allows operator to keep on hand free for ultimate flexibility
- Passive test mode allows the operator to test multiple subjects quickly without using a mouthpiece. A subject blows into the sampling cup and the instrument displays a positive or negative result. Because the subjects mouth does not touch the sampling cup, the same sampling cup can be used repeatedly.
- The robust memory on the Alco-Sensor VXL allows the operator to store and reprint thousands of test results
- The optional Accelerator software program facilitates uploading of test results to a computer to create a database and reports of test results
- Hands-free testing, the Alco-Sensor VXL allows the operator to test subjects without being tethered to a printer
- The printer docking station provides secure transmission of test results to the printer
- Compatible with several serial printers, including the Martel Thermal Printer and Slip Printer