(a) As a service agent, if your compliance matter is not correctable (see §40.373(a)), or if have not resolved compliance matters as provided in §40.373(c), the initiating official starts a PIE proceeding by sending you a notice of proposed exclusion (NOPE). The NOPE contains the initiating official’s recommendations concerning the issuance of a PIE, but it is not a decision by the Department to issue a PIE.
(b) The NOPE includes the following information:
(1) A statement that the initiating official is recommending that the Department issue a PIE concerning you;
(2) The factual basis for the initiating official’s belief that you are not providing drug and/or alcohol testing services to DOT-regulated employers consistent with the requirements of this part or are in serious noncompliance with a DOT agency drug and alcohol regulation;
(3) The factual basis for the initiating official’s belief that your noncompliance has not been or cannot be corrected;
(4) The initiating official’s recommendation for the scope of the PIE;
(5) The initiating official’s recommendation for the duration of the PIE; and
(6) A statement that you may contest the issuance of the proposed PIE, as provided in §40.379.
(c) The initiating official sends a copy of the NOPE to the ODAPC Director at the same time he or she sends the NOPE to you.
Our office will be closed on Friday, April 19th in observance of Good Friday. Orders placed after 2:00 pm EST on Thursday will ship on Monday. Dismiss