(a) As the MRO, it is your responsibility to report all drug test results to the employer.
(b) You may use a signed or stamped and dated legible photocopy of Copy 2 of the CCF to report test results.
(c) If you do not report test results using Copy 2 of the CCF for this purpose, you must provide a written report (e.g., a letter) for each test result. This report must, as a minimum, include the following information:
(1) Full name, as indicated on the CCF, of the employee tested;
(2) Specimen ID number from the CCF and the donor SSN or employee ID number;
(3) Reason for the test, if indicated on the CCF (e.g., random, post-accident);
(4) Date of the collection;
(5) Date you received Copy 2 of the CCF;
(6) Result of the test (i.e., positive, negative, dilute, refusal to test, test cancelled) and the date the result was verified by the MRO;
(7) For verified positive tests, the drug(s)/metabolite(s) for which the test was positive;
(8) For cancelled tests, the reason for cancellation; and
(9) For refusals to test, the reason for the refusal determination (e.g., in the case of an adulterated test result, the name of the adulterant).
(d) As an exception to the reporting requirements of paragraph (b) and (c) of this section, the MRO may report negative results using an electronic data file.
(1) If you report negatives using an electronic data file, the report must contain, as a minimum, the information specified in paragraph (c) of this section, as applicable for negative test results.
(2) In addition, the report must contain your name, address, and phone number, the name of any person other than you reporting the results, and the date the electronic results report is released.
(e) You must retain a signed or stamped and dated copy of Copy 2 of the CCF in your records. If you do not use Copy 2 for reporting results, you must maintain a copy of the signed or stamped and dated letter in addition to the signed or stamped and dated Copy 2. If you use the electronic data file to report negatives, you must maintain a retrievable copy of that report in a format suitable for inspection and auditing by a DOT representative.
(f) You must not use Copy 1 of the CCF to report drug test results.
(g) You must not provide quantitative values to the DER or C/TPA for drug or validity test results. However, you must provide the test information in your possession to a SAP who consults with you (see §40.293(g)).
[66 FR 41952, Aug. 9, 2001]
We will be closed Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day. Orders placed after 1:00 pm on Friday will ship on Tuesday. Dismiss