DOT Drug and Alcohol Testing Training
For more than 20-years, AlcoPro has lead the way in providing best-in-class DOT specimen collector and breath alcohol technician training to professionals nationwide. Our goal today is to equip you with the most thorough training when and where you need it, so you conduct more tests with greater confidence.
Can’t break away to attend a class? AlcoPro offers BAT and Specimen Collector Training online, saving you time and money.
Call 800.655.9890 or email us to learn about our convenient online training.
If you prefer classroom-based training, you can expect hands-on training in a fun and interactive environment. We offer regional classes, as well as training at your location, saving your time and money.
Training Course Offerings
- Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) Training
- Breath Alcohol Technician (BAT) Train-The-Trainer
- Specimen Collector Training
- Specimen Collector Instructor Training
DOT Training Requirements
The US department of transportation describes specific training requirements necessary to become a professional drug or alcohol testing professional.
- You must demonstrate proficiency in 49 CFR Part 40 Regulations.
- If you are training to become a breath alcohol technician, you must specifically train on the DOT approved breath alcohol instrument you are using to conduct tests, and demonstrate proficiency in the use of that instrument.
- You must be able to successfully perform a series of error-free mock tests. Mock tests simulate a real test, covering various testing scenarios, proper documentation, and instructions to the test subject.
- You must complete refresher training every five years.
- If a test becomes cancelled due to a fatal flaw, you must undergo error correction training.
Not All Training Is The Same
Not all DOT drug and alcohol testing training is the same. You can opt for cheaper training, but in the end you will get what you pay for. We understand the risks associated with inadequate training, which is why we cover common and not so common testing scenarios and challenges.