Breath Alcohol Technician Training
We’ve provided the most thorough Breath Alcohol Technician training (BAT) for alcohol testing professionals for over 20 years. We know that poor training and improper testing can have devastating consequences for individuals and businesses alike, and so our courses are crafted to ensure your success and maximize your confidence.
We train on all Intoximeter instruments, including the Alco-Sensor IV / RBT IV instrument, the Alco-Sensor IV with Memory, Alco-Sensor IV @Work software, Alcomonitor CC, and Intox EC/IR.
You will receive self-study course materials in advance of the class. Students must complete the self-study course materials covering the DOT rules and regulations prior to class. This allows the instructor to devote maximum class time to hands-on use of the breath alcohol testing instruments and the required 7 mock tests.
Our BAT class certifies students as a Breath Alcohol Technician, as well as a Factory Authorized Calibration Technician, giving them a complete, certified training solution.
DOT Training Requirements for BAT Certification
- Demonstrated proficiency in DOT rules & regulations
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of a DOT-approved breath alcohol instrument
- Completion of 7 mock breath alcohol tests on a live subject, in the presence of a certified instructor
What You Can Expect From Us
With our detailed, hands-on training you will…
- Demonstrate a comprehensive coverage of DOT rules & regulations 49 CFR, Part 40
- Experience thorough and practical training on the DOT instrument of your choice
- Perform 7 mock alcohol breath tests that cover common & uncommon testing scenarios
- Learn how to perform and document accuracy checks & calibration adjustments
- Receive additional resources and documents to advance your knowledge
- Maintain supportive communication with our training and testing experts
- Achieve BAT Certification and perform drug and alcohol tests with ease
Training Done Your Way
To best suit your schedule and learning style, we offer regional and on-site classroom training as well as online training.
Can’t break away to attend a class? AlcoPro offers BAT Training online, saving you time and money.
Call 800.227.9890 or email us to learn about our convenient online training.
BAT and Calibration Technician Certificates
We are the only company sanctioned by Intoximeters to train and certify our BAT students as Factory Authorized Calibration Technicians, so you can properly calibrate your instrument for optimal accuracy and efficiency.
BAT Re-Certification and CEU Certificate
DOT regulations require that Breath Alcohol Technicians be re-trained every 5 years. Through our training, you will not only meet, but also exceed the requirements for re-certification.
Additionally, you will receive a CEU Certificate for 13 contact hours (1.3 CEU credits) upon successful completion of our program.